Unnecessary expenses can be a major bane for those who run businesses. One of the areas where companies tend to spend an excessive amount is printing. But it needn’t be this way, because there’s an easy solution! The heavy expenses for printing can be easily resolved by opting for managed print services.
Here’s a list of a few printing-related expenses:
- Cost per page printed
- Cost of printing equipment
- Cost of additional supplies for printing such as ink
- Staff required for controlling the printing equipment
- Repairs, replacement and timely maintenance of the printing equipment
When all the expenses add up, the printing expenses alone can shoot up higher. Fortunately, for companies there’s managed print services or MPS. These programmes which are offered by print providers can immensely help companies to improve their printing and document management.
It’s best to select companies that help big and small companies alike with their efficient and cost-effective outcomes!
Managed Print Services
MPS helps organisations to streamline their print-related requirements. These services can optimise or simplify any company’s print environment. MPS usually assesses a company’s print technology. Following this, it helps identify and determine any inefficiency. Thus, it can help in improving the overall efficiency of the technology. As a result, managed print services enhance the productivity of the staff in a company.
These services offer real results and can save money. Moreover, it helps the staff focus more on the crucial tasks, instead of printing. Managed Print Services is an easy solution for reducing administrative costs and frustration as it increases the overall productivity of a company.
Benefits of Managed Print Services
- Saves time: The process of printing, scanning, copying or faxing documents on the old printer is time-consuming and frustrating. Time can be wasted on fixing device malfunctions and replacing ink cartridges. But if a company opts for Managed Print Services, these issues can be averted.
- Improves efficiency: When the staff members in a company stop going after fixing printing issues or changing ink cartridges, they can focus on other important tasks and work more efficiently.
- Cuts down additional costs: Buying a printing unit, ink cartridges and related supplies is an additional cost for a company. Opting for managed print services can cut down such additional costs.
- Improves productivity in an organisation: When the employees focus more on their work and work efficiently rather than wasting time to troubleshoot or fix printer-related issues, the productivity is improved.
- Reduces capital expenditure: If the company opts for managed print services, it reduces the capital expenditure. The company, in turn, will have flexible payment options for these services.
- Improves cash flow: The saved money can be utilized for investing in printing units, ink cartridges etc. This will improve the cash flow of a company.
- Increases information security: An organisation-wide print assessment which comes with a Managed Print Services can identify print and IP security risks faced by an organisation. Security programmes might include compulsory printer sign-in procedures to reduce cases of document theft from output trays.
Reasons companies should opt for managed print services
- A printer would no longer be a company’s problem: A managed print services provider can lease or finance the existing printers for all practical purposes. They can also provide no-cost printers if the devices are stocked with printer cartridges.
- Managed print services providers will take care of repairs and maintenance: No one at the office would be responsible for any printer-related maintenance. The managed print services provider will ensure the printer is maintained and is working well.
- Huge relief for the IT Team of a company: Along with managing the security, intercom connectivity, systems management, maintenance and many other issues, the majority of the problems arise in printer and printing related issues. A managed print services provider takes the burden off the IT team.
- Office budget will reduce: The office budget will be reduced by around 20-30 per cent when the company opts for managed print services.
- The printer remains monitored: The managed print services provider uses printer monitoring software to supply products to the printer as and when needed. Such software can help in identifying who is printing, the type of documents and the volume printed.
- Improve sustainability: With the help of the managed print services provider and printer monitoring software with automated delivery, the company can count on less waste in the office.
- Gain expert advice: A managed print services provider can provide consultation and make sure that the company implements the type of printer as per the requirement. Certain companies would require bulk printouts and would need an industrial printer while other companies would just require a different printer.
- A managed print service is the future: The managed print services industry is growing steadily and serving businesses across the world. Certain service providers only cater to large industries while some offer their services to both large industries as well as small ones.
While looking for a managed print services provider, keep the goals of your company in mind. If the service provider can help your business achieve all those goals, then you will successfully be able to cut printing related costs and issues! The finest service providers in this field usually team up with a variety of premium manufacturers with a range of printers and copiers, perfect for every business and every need! So just deal with Grade-A service providers for all your print-related needs, right from toner through to financing agreements. This means you will get a unified bill and a supplier who understands your company and truly values your business!
When you engage a MPS service provider, an experienced account manager will be looking into your particular business and cater to your needs. The manager will be the key point of contact for all your current and future hardware and software needs.
You can therefore, hand over all printer issues, printer supplies, and printing headaches to your MPS service provider. They will deal with the hassles of printing. When you select a good service provider, you can also expect free automated toner services, without even making a phone call or dropping a mail to order a new toner! You can bet that it will be there when needed and before the machine runs out of ink!